In recent years, the marketing world has changed drastically, and Google Ads is one of the platforms which is leading the way in creating these changes. It is a highly effective method of paid online advertising (PPC); this system is utilised by thousands of businesses and organisations worldwide.
These businesses and organisations all have one thing in common, they want to tap into the huge volumes of people who search for information, products and services online. When used to its full potential, Google Ads has the potential to drive large numbers of people to your website, who want exactly what you’re offering.
Here are some of the main reasons why you should be using Google Ads:
- It’s a flexible marketing platform – suitable for all kinds and sizes of organisations. Campaigns can be turned on and off with ease; budgets can be set according to the amount you want to spend on this type of advertising, they can also target specific locations and people.
- You can see fast, transparent results – this platform shows you easy-to-understand results and reports of your campaigns, quickly after it goes live. Campaigns are also easy to analyse as the dashboard gives you all the information related to each specific campaign.
- Businesses can find out more about their market – Google Ads produce invaluable information about customer habits and requirements; such as the keywords they use to find your website, their location, what device they use, and the time and day of their searches. This information can then be used to refine your marketing efforts to ensure your budget is being spent efficiently.
- Increases leads and customers – one of the best tools for lead generation, if your campaigns have been set up properly, they have the potential to send extremely targeted leads to your website. Google Ads allows you to focus specifically on people who are searching for what you are offering.
Google Ads is segmented into: paid search, shopping, display, remarketing, and YouTube.
- Paid Search refers to sponsored results that appear at the top of the Google listings when you run a search query.
- Shopping also appears in the sponsored search results, but ads show a product image and price, unlike paid search which is just text ads.
- Display refers to textual or graphical advertisements placed on 3rd party webpages.
- Remarketing allows you to target your advertising to people that have visited your site already, allowing you to convert window shoppers into customers.
- YouTube offers In-Stream and In-Display advertising, showing ads before users watch a video on YouTube. These ads can also appear within YouTube’s search results.
Google Ads – São Paulo
We recently had an exciting project with Google Ads. A client requested a Google Ad campaign which would specifically target the location of São Paulo in Brazil. The campaign would be centered around learning British English, being taught by a bilingual teacher.
- Creating a Google Ads campaign which advertised British English Lessons to students of all ages, living in the São Paulo region of Brazil. Running for two weeks.
Research & Planning
- We initially created the ads in English to ensure that the target keywords were included. These were then sent to the client, who translated them into Portuguese – this was due to the fact that Portuguese students who were looking to learn English were more likely to search for this in their own language.
- We also researched the time zones and differences in order to show the ads at the correct time; this maximised the efficiency of the client’s budget. As the ads were scheduled to show at specific times when there was a higher search volume.
- The campaign was also monitored closely to ensure that the ads were appearing as they should have been; the keywords were also monitored on a regular basis in order to track what people had been using as search terms.
- The campaign showed in the specified location of São Paulo; for the designated time period of two weeks and at the set time intervals.
- The ads generated enquires for our client, from students in São Paulo who are wanting to learn English online.
As a Google Partner agency, we’re accredited for the management of remarketing campaigns through the AdWords network.